Problem with ASP.Net master page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ASP.Net master page

I have researched the Zoom Search Engine V6 and have tried various solutions, however I have yet to find one that works in my environment. I have an IIS webserver running on Windows Server 2003. I have the Zoom Search Engine installed and it works great running from the default setup. Additionally, I have on the header portion of my master page a search field which when used returns the correct search results in the default search.aspx page. What I need however is for the search.aspx to be inside of the main content section. When I try the suggestion of using:

<%@ Page language="VB" masterpagefile="/Main_Page.master" title="Calvin" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="ZoomASPX" Namespace="ZoomASPX" Assembly="ZoomASPX" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content3" ContentPlaceHolderID="Main" Runat="Server">
    <ZoomASPX:ASPXSearch id="ASPXSearch" runat="server"/>
    </asp:Content>

I get the following error:

Server Error in '/zoomaspx' Application.

Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/Main_Page.master' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Line 1: <%@ Page language="VB" masterpagefile="/Main_Page.master" title="Calvin" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="ZoomASPX" Namespace="ZoomASPX" Assembly="ZoomASPX" %>
    Line 3:

Source File: /zoomaspx/search.aspx Line: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

If I simply have the following it works fine:

<ZoomASPX:ASPXSearch id="ASPXSearch" runat=server/>

And finally, the code for the master page which will open up the default search.aspx is:

<div class="col_right" >

&nbsp;<form method="get" action="http://calvinnew/zoomaspx/search.aspx">
    <table cellpadding="0px" cellspacing="0px">
    <tr>
    <td style="border-style:solid none solid solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" style="width:100px; border:0px solid; height:17px; padding:0px 3px; position:relative;">
    </td>
    <td style="border-style:solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="submit" value="" style="border-style: none; background: url('images/searchbutton3.gif') no-repeat; width: 24px; height: 20px;">
    </td></tr><tr>
    <td>Search Calvin Here</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>
    <!--end div_col_right -->

Hard to tell without a deeper investigation on the rest of the site, but instead of the following:

Originally posted by James Cook View Post
    <%@ Page language="VB" masterpagefile="/Main_Page.master" title="Calvin" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    Try using a tilde "~" character for the masterpagefile path, like this:

<%@ Page language="VB" masterpagefile="~/Main_Page.master" title="Calvin" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

In order to make this work

After experimenting I was able to make this work by moving all files out of the zoomaspx (default installation path) into the root of the site. After doing this and making a few minor changes to the search_template.html file everything is opening perfectly and aligning perfectly. I did use Ray's suggestion, however that only worked after I moved it to the root.

Thanks Ray.

Comment

Working...
      X