using sample search box with image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using sample search box with image

I know I should be able to figure this out, but I haven't so far...

I am trying to replace the standard zoom search box on my /zoomaspx/search.aspx page with the sample containing the search image included in the FAQ, but am having trouble.

I was thinking that I should be able to use the CSS to add this search box with image? I've tried inserting the sample code or portions of it in the template in zoom_searchbox, but then only the image appears in the search box on the search.aspx page.

Can I use this search box via modifcation to the CSS - if so, where/how?

Thank you very much.

Sample Code from FAQ:

<form method="get" action="http://www.mysite.com/search.php">
    <table cellpadding="0px" cellspacing="0px">
    <tr>
    <td style="border-style:solid none solid solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" style="width:100px; border:0px solid; height:17px; padding:0px 3px; position:relative;">
    </td>
    <td style="border-style:solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="submit" value="" style="border-style: none; background: url('searchbutton3.gif') no-repeat; width: 24px; height: 20px;">
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>

The sample you quoted is HTML. I think you're getting a bit confused as to what CSS is?

If you use CSS only (as described here), you can customize the generated search forms a fair bit. But some things CSS can't change.

So for a more significant change (involving tables, etc) as seen here (and where you quoted the sample from), this is not just using CSS to style the generated search form, this is HTML that specifies your own form. You place this in the template and you disable the generated search form. See this FAQ for more information.

If you are inexperienced with HTML and CSS, you may want to acquire the help of a developer.

It is also hard to comment on what you have done or done wrong without seeing it -- you merely told us you couldn't get it to work and then gave us our own sample code back. Perhaps if you point us to what you've actually done, we can provide more specific advice.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for your response.

What I was hoping to do was insert the more sohpisticated search box containing the search image into the CSS, so that I could use the automatically generated Zoom search form, but display that search box instead. I guess this cannot be done w/ CSS. I will add the form. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X