PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not highlighting Search Results in Reader 9.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not highlighting Search Results in Reader 9.0?

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to have Zoom highlight and jump to search terms in .pdf files viewed with Adobe Reader 9.0? This works great with Reader 8.0, but does not work with 9.0. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thank you.

We are not aware of any problem with Reader 9. What O/S and browser are you using?

Comment

only highlights bookmark?

I am using XP, SP 3 and Reader 9.3 on 1 system and XP, SP 3 and Reader 8.1 on the other.

.pdf files are set to display bookmarks and page.

In Reader 8.1, the Search highlights the 1st bookmark containing the Search term, and displays the page containing the corresponding 1st instance of the search term. Great!

However, in 9.3, the Search highlights only the 1st bookmark containing the Search term, and keeps the page set to the 1st page of the document. It only finds the search term in the body of the document when I type the term in the Reader Find box. Similar issues with Reader 9.2.

Comment

We just tested this with Adobe Reader 9.3 and had no obvious problems. Perhaps it is a specific query or keyword (e.g. a word in a foreign language? a phrase?)

Can you give us a more specific example. Perhaps even a URL to the document in question and the search term you are using.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X