PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offline mode: skip files with space in file path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline mode: skip files with space in file path?

Hi,

I had skip files working in Spider mode, but we switched to Offline mode and am having trouble skipping all the .pdf files contained in the following directory:
    http:\\mysite\toplevel\Folder Name\PDF_Files\file_name.pdf

I have tried skipping individual files contained within this directory, as well as skipping the entire PDF_Files directory. (”\PDF_Files\”)

Is the problem with the space in the folder name (adds %)? I've tried including the % in the skip path for the file, but that didn't work either.

Is there a limitation on the length of the skip file path? This particular path is 131 characters.

Case sensitivity is correct. How can I get this working?

Thank you.

If you just enter the text,
    PDF_Files
    in the skip list. This shiould be enough to skip all files in the PDF_Files folder and should work in either offline mode or spider mode.

Comment

If you give us the actual path and the actual skip list entry, we might be able to see something obvious you're missing. The devil's in the details and you're omitting alot of information in your description.

Originally posted by ANorton View Post
      Is the problem with the space in the folder name (adds %)? I've tried including the % in the skip path for the file, but that didn't work either.
      It never just adds "%". If it is a URL, then "percent encoding" takes place to make it valid, and a space character would become "%20".

But in offline mode, none of this is relevant. So there should be no sign of "%20"s in your skip page list. As mentioned above, you don't actually need to include the "folder name" part of your path to skip it (based on your example/description).

Originally posted by ANorton View Post
      Is there a limitation on the length of the skip file path? This particular path is 131 characters.
      No, each skip file entry has a maximum length which corresponds to the maximum length for a file path allowed by the Windows operating system.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

just adding the folder name - and not the entire path - worked. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X