Wishlist: recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishlist: recommendations

First of all, just wanna say we love the product. We've been using it a few years now and it's great.

On the recommendations feature, it'd be nice if a recommendation could have multiple keywords. Alternately, it'd be swell if we could easily duplicate recommendations.

That's all. Thanks for listening.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, multiple keywords (or phrases) for recommended links will be a new feature introduced in V7. We are already some way ahead in the development of that, and that particular feature has been completed.

In the meantime, you can Import/Export recommended links via a text file in the current version. This means you can edit them in a text editor, which should allow copy+pasting (duplicating) entries to be easier.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

recommended links

I would like to show "recommended links" based on query'ed search words used.
      Maybe this is what it does now, but it seems to be based meta keywords. Did I miss-read this?

Comment

You assign a particular word or phrase to a recommended link.

When a user searches for that word or phrase, that recommended link will appear.

Not really sure what you are suggesting?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ok, I think I completely misunderstood this option. Sorry.

However I'm still confused as to WHY one needs "Meta Descriptions" enabled, to make it work?

ie. why does it ask:
          Would you like me to enable indexing for "Meta Descriptions"?

Comment

Because recommended links have no context description (since the pages are not indexed), they rely on the manually specified description given to them when you add that recommended link.

This recommended link description is stored as the meta description for that page. If the index format is not enabled to store meta descriptions, then there would be nowhere to store this information.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X