Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search results to display permalinks

Hi,

We’re using wordpress on our website and have the purchased zoom licence. The search seems to be working nicely but we question related to using permalinks.

Basically, how can we get the results to display only the permalinks and not show the query string at the end? (For example: /about-us instead of ?page_id=1 )

At the moment the search is retrieving multiple results leading to the same page.

Please see the search results on our site http://www.wsud.org to get a better idea.

We tried using the filtering option with the values below but this didn’t seem to make any difference:
    - &print=1
    - ?page_id=

We appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Provided the Permalinks alone are enough for the spider to crawl the entire site (that is, there is no part of the site that can't be accessed when avoiding the "?page_id=" links), then it should be fine to have "?page_id=" in your skip list.

As for why it didn't work, I can only presume you've entered it in the wrong place, perhaps under "Content filtering"? This is under "Configure"->"Filtering" and only applies to the page content (that is, the words that appear on the page itself) and not the URL.

To skip pages based on their URLs, you need to enter them in the "Page and folder skip list" under "Configure"->"Skip options".
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks.

The skip URL part worked and I've been able to eliminate some repeated results but the permalinks didn’t work (it skips the pages completely).

Comment

Please see these FAQs:
        Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
        Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

I presume not all pages are missing, just some. You should try and narrow down exactly what the skip reason is given for the pages in question. This is explained in detail in the above FAQs.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X