Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated error message

Hey,

I am currently using the .php script in Zoom V6. I receive this message if I enter a phrase in quotes that contains space. For example, "orders" works fine but "order types" produces the error message.

A quick search on Google notes that the split functionality is deprecated in PHP version 5.3.0 (which I'm currently running). One suggestion I found is to replace split () with explode () in the script. Will this possibly fix the problem?

Also, the search does work so I'm wondering if alternatively I could simply suppress the error message.

Thanks,

Andre

Full error message: Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\Search\search.php on line 1827

This was previously discussed here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3722

I believe the "deprecation" message type can be suppressed by use of the E_DEPRECATED flag with the error reporting options in PHP.

Replacing with explode() should work, and that is our plan. We were planning to do some testing first (regarding performance, etc.) when PHP6 is officially released, but we may need to make this change sooner if 5.3 is reporting such messages.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for looking into this. Sorry I was not able to find the original thread.

It seems that split() is only used a limited number of times. I will replace these with explode() for now and keep an eye out for an updated script.

Thanks again for your swift reply. Excellent search engine!

Comment

Explode works fine.

Open search.* w/ note pad locate
        split(
        Replace with explode(

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X