PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I create a search page in ASP to search a field in a bd ACCESS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I create a search page in ASP to search a field in a bd ACCESS?

I create a search page in ASP to search a field in a bd ACCESS?

Thank´s

If you are asking about whether you can use Zoom with a website that utilizes a Microsoft Access database as backend, please see this FAQ:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/databases.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      If you are asking about whether you can use Zoom with a website that utilizes a Microsoft Access database as backend, please see this FAQ:
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/databases.html
      Thanks, I see, but only speak of an example with PHP but I am using ASP.

Comment

The same principle applies with ASP.

The PHP code example is only there to give you an impression of what would be required. It is not code that would actually work on any given site (since we wouldn't know what your database details are). Copy and pasting this code would be of no use. So there would be little point to providing examples in other languages.

If you do not understand scripting well enough to comprehend the ideas behind this or how to implement this in ASP, we would recommend consulting with a more experienced ASP developer.

Fact is, if you have a website that runs off an Access database, you would already have pages which serve the records in a user-readable manner as described. No extra scripting should be required in this case. You should already have scripts that accesses the database and returns a web page. Use Spider Mode in Zoom to index that. That's as simple as I can put it.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X