Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last modified date not in English?

Hi there,

I've created a meta tag for the last modified date for our content pulled out of a db. Our site is in German so I am wondering if it is possible to display the Date in the search results in German as well.

The meta tag follows the pattern described in the manual, which is in English, hence the date displays in English.

Thanks
    ph

There is no option to change the date format (or the name of months) in the current version.

Which script platform are you using? In the case of PHP and ASP, they both rely on the locale setting of the script engine to determine the month name. This can be set on your server.

We will add this to our list of things to consider for V7. If there is interest, and if changing the month names alone is adequate, we could make these names part of the ZLANG language file. I suspect however, some languages have a different format and require more than this.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.
      We are using the cgi version for Zoom and the site runs on a LAMP platform.

It is correct that for the German we would just want to change the month spelling; a few other details could be adjusted as well but the months are the main thing. I am sure every language would have to be looked at individually.

Regards
      ph

Comment

Working...
      X