Results on same page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results on same page?

Is it possible to get the search results display on the same page instead of jumping to a search.php page? I saw this happen on a website using zoom search but when I copied the code it didn't work for me.

How can I achieve this please? I've seen a similar posting here. The answer was that having results open in the same page is normal behaviour. It's not happening like that for me. The results are opening a separate page.

I realise the page will have to be re-loaded with the search results but that's OK

Thanks
    Last edited by ourpete; Mar-05-2010, 09:12 PM.

You really need to define what you mean by same page. As different people mean interprete different things.

Do you mean exactly the same URL?
    Do you mean a page in the same browser window (i.e. it doesn't open a new browser window, nor new tab in the browser)?
    Or do you just mean a page that has a common header or footer with other pages?

Comment

Same URL

I want the results to display under the search box in the same URL

Comment

You can achieve that by simply using "search.php" as the original page from which you enter the search into. Most people customize the appearance of this page to look like a part of their website, and as the main interface to their search.

"Same URL" is a bit ambiguous. Note that search parameters are always submitted as part of the URL, so it will never be exactly the same, and it will have "?zoom_query=blah&zoom_sort=0" etc. at the end of it, after a search is made.

It might be much simpler to understand what you are trying to describe if you just give us the URL to the website where you saw this, and we can tell you what they are doing.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray

You're right: they made search.php look like the rest of the site

Thanks

Pete

Comment

Note that you should be modifying "search_template.html" to change the look of the page, and not "search.php" itself.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray

That saved me a lot of time!

Peter

Comment

Working...
              X