Customizing the "Results per Page" Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing the "Results per Page" Box

I just purchased the Professional Edition and I'm in the process of customizing the Search_Template. I need to know where to put the background-color style for the "Results per Page textbox".

"input.zoom_searchbox" allowed me to insert the background-color nicely for the searchbox field color, but adding the background-color style to .zoom_results_per_page did not work.

Thanks for your help.

A background-color attribute for .zoom_results_per_page should work fine. This will change the background of the text (and only the text) "Results per page". Perhaps you have an overriding background-color attribute specified for .zoom_searchform or another parent container?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Customizing the Results per Page Box

I just want to be clear we are talking about the same thing. I'm trying to change the white background color of the small box that displays the number of pages, 10, 20 etc.

I have checked for other container colors that may overriding, but this not the case. I have assigned my background-colors hex # correctly on the style.css for .zoom_searchform and .zoom_results_per_page, and then uploaded the search_template to the server. Still no luck.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to re-index?

I was able to get the background-color to display correctly in the "input.zoom_searchbox". The only difference I see in the code is the word "input" before ".zoom_searchbox".

Thanks for help!

Comment

You mean the dropdown box, aka the "select" values? Try this (for a red background):

Code:
        .zoom_results_per_page select { background-color: #FF0000; }
        It is the "select" tag which you are styling within the "zoom_results_per_page" container. If you are unfamiliar with HTML form elements, you can right click and select "View Source" in your browser (with the search page loaded) and see which tag elements you are trying to style. The search form uses a text box, so that's why it was an "input" element.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Customizing the "Results per Page" Box

Thank You!!! That was it!

I appreciate your fast and courteous responses.

Comment

Working...
          X