Error Running Indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Running Indexing

When I start indexing I get following error i.e.
    "Check that the URL exists and satisfies the setting in the configuration window".

While when zoom work fine on my Colleges system with same configration

On the "Index Log" tab, select "Show all" and see if there are any additional messages to indicate why the start URL was not valid or why pages may have been found but not indexed.

Depending on what your start spider URL is, it's also possible that the URL is only accessible from your college network (e.g. a LAN address) that isn't accessible from your home computer.

There may also be firewall issues on your machine blocking new applications from accessing the Internet.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I have this problem occasionally also. I am using V5.1 (Build 1.014)

I have not put my finger on the exact cause but when it happens to me I make sure of the following:
      1. I have loaded the most recent correct config file
      2. I have directory listing turned on in the .htaccess file on the server
      3. I have spider mode selected initially and that I run the index with spider mode. If I accidently run it in offline mode and then switch to spider mode, I think it muddles up the cache somewhere.
      4. If all else fails, I do all of the above again and then restart the server (you may not have or need this option under your hosting plan).

I have been using the same config file for a couple of years now with NO changes in the options or switches.

Why it indexs sometimes and not others is baffling.

Comment

V5.1 build 1014 is an old release. You should consider upgrading to V6 or at least V5 build 1017.

It is highly unlikely that the behaviour of the software changes from one run to the next. It is much more likely that the problem is related to the stability of your network connection. Doubly so if you are using a wireless network.

Comment

Working...
        X