Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom not indexing at all

Hi,

I have pro version 6 install on windows server 2008 64bit OS. I host a website on this machine. I tried to index the site but zoom said can't find any pages. I can view the link via IE. I can also ping the domain as well. I also try to index that domain from a different PC. It just seems zoom can't get hold to that site what so ever. Can anyone help on this please? Thank.

You should first check if there are log messages that provide more information. Click on the "Log" tab after you attempt to index and click on "Show all". See if there were any skip messages which indicate why your start URL or folder could not be indexed. And tell us what it says.

Next, please tell us if are you using Spider Mode or Offline Mode.

Also provide the actual URL/folder path you are using as your start point, which may give us a clue as to what else you need to check.

You should also check if you have any software firewall blocking applications from accessing the internet (if you are using Spider Mode) and you have not specified an exception rule for Zoom.

This FAQ may also be of help:
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray,

I rechecked the log file I had and found the meta for indexing was disabled. My bad. Thanks for your help.

By the way, I had modified the template for seach page layout. But every time I run index, it get replaced. Is there a setting in the config so I can make the indexer not rewritting my templates?

Thanks

Zhan

Comment

The indexer should not overwrite any existing file named "search_template.html" in the output directory. Only if the file does not exist, it will create a new one.

If you are renaming the template file, this is not supported usage. And you should probably see this FAQ.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X