Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create link for recently indexed PDF's files

All,

I am knew to Zoom and I am configuring for our internal support documentation. Most of these documents are in PDF format and what I would like to do as a nicety is provide the ability to search for all documents created/modified across a date range if possible.

I have used a wildcard to get all docs created and then the date sort to bring the latest to the top, so I am assuming I could build a link containing these parameters as a first pass?

Andy

You can specify date sorting with a HTTP GET parameter of zoom_sort=1. For example, this could be in the URL to the search page ("http://mysite.com/search.php?zoom_sort=1"). Or it could be a hidden form parameter ("<input type='hidden' name='zoom_sort' value='1'>").

There is no built-in feature to do date range searching at this point. It is something we are considering for V7.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for such a prompt reply Ray,

With your help I have created a link (below) which searches for all documents and displays the results sorted by date. However, I have only been able to achieve this by using the wildcard and of course this then gets highlighted by the results and looks a bit messy.

Is there any other way to do this?

file:///....search.html?zoom_query=***&zoom_per_page=10&zo om_and=0&zoom_sort=1

Regards

Andy

Comment

If you have Custom Meta Fields enabled and defined, Zoom will allow for a blank search query ("zoom_query=") and return all results (without needing to use a global wildcard that matches all words).

But otherwise, no, Zoom was designed as a search engine, so it naturally expects something to search for, rather than just return everything.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X