ftp directories erased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp directories erased

I had several scans scheduled to run overnight. Each one was set to ftp upon completion into it's own directory. When I checked in the morning some of the directories were completely gone. Some of them completed as expected. I could not find any difference in the configuration files between the ones that worked and the ones that erased the intended directory.

Is there anything in Zoom that would cause it to erase the ftp directory?

I'm using Zoom in Spider mode on a Windows XP machine uploading to a Windows 2003 server in ASP.

There is no functionality in the software to remove folders. So it hard to imagine how this could happen. I think it is more likely coincidence.

For example, there might have been a problem with the machine and a earlier backup, from a time when the directories didn't exist, was restored by the hosting company.

Comment

Also - what FTP program are you using? You might find that it's caching the directory listing and not showing the list of files/folders that are really there. This is especially likely since you are using another program (Zoom) to upload files, so the FTP program is unaware that the directory contents has changed and needs to be refreshed.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X