Clear All

• invalid HTML found near " Meta ZOOMIMAGE

Hello
    I am tying to use a tag id <originalfilename> in the zoomimage as:

<meta name="ZOOMIMAGE" content="thumbnails/tn<OriginalFileName>" />

using this tag will save on having to input the filenames manually

the <originalfilename> works but zoom gives the indexing error
    that there is invalid HTML found near " Meta ZOOMIMAGE tag on page "

is there any way to get this indexed so as to find the filename of the variable.

Regards

Ok I have cured the problem it was with the address it needed to be absolute!

Comment

There is no such tag as "<originalfilename>" and I don't know where you came up with it?

It is also invalid HTML, to use any "<" or ">" character within a tag, so Zoom is correct to identify this as invalid (so will any browser, or external search spider).

If you are trying to get Zoom to automatically pickup thumbnails based on the filename of the original file, you should configure this within Zoom Indexer ("Configure"->"Scan options"->Double click the extension you want to add thumbnails for->Select the option to "Display different thumbnails for each file"). You do not need to use the ZOOMIMAGE meta tag unless you wish to specify something that cannot be determined based on the filename.

More information in this FAQ:
      Q. How do I associate a thumbnail with an image for my search results?
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

"There is no such tag as "<originalfilename>" and I don't know where you came up with it?"

The tag came from a html generator and I needed to tally this with zoom. "<originalfilename>" did convert to what I wanted and zoom did pick it up ok and it all works fine. I made the mistake by giving it a relative address.
        I did not explain explicitly but it has worked out ok I don't need to go any further.

Regards Trew

Comment

Working...
        X