Custom Meta Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Meta Fields

I have set up differents Customs Meta Fields, somes are & need to be displayed in the search results, but others have to be hidden.

Example : price (prix) need to be displayed, but the region (Département) do not have to.

TABLE CARREE BLANCHE Annonce Troc.com
    Prix: €15.00
    Département: 18
    Catégorie d'article: Mobilier
    TABLE CARREE BLANCHE Prix validé par un expert Troc.com 15.00 CHF ...
    Score : 33 - URL : ....

Is there a way to hidden this Custom Meta Field for results ? or do I need to alter the search.php ?

Thank you !

[...]
    Solution : use CSS to hide meta in search result...
    Last edited by Rudy; Aug-24-2009, 12:26 PM. Reason: Solved...

Yes, you can hide custom meta fields with CSS such as this (imagining we have a custom meta field with the name of "PRICE"):

.result_metaname_PRICE { display: none; }
    .result_metavalue_PRICE { display: none; }

More details here and make sure to check our fruit shop demo.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you Ray for your answer.

I have some kind of similar questions :
      • Is it planned to add a <span></span> that include all the "search fields" standards + custom
      • Is it planned to add a <span></span> to Custom Search Field (not result)
        Example the are family of product, and sub family, I would allow to search by family not by sub ones. So the sub one family field set would not be shown.
        BUT, on the website, there are direct link that use the Custom Search Field for research, to Quick Access sub family. (Hope that it's enought clear to understand... ) By now, I changed some lines in the search.php page, to fit my need, But another question is following...
      • Do the ZOOM's CGI version customizable ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        Is it planned to add a <span></span> that include all the "search fields" standards + custom
        You can already do this. You can specify the location of the generated search form to be different from the search results using the Advanced Template Options. See chapter 6.7 of the Users Guide. Then you can enclose the search form elements in your own <span> ... </span> tag as necessary like this:

<span class="mysearchform">
        <!--ZOOM_SHOW_SEARCHFORM-->
        </span>

Is it planned to add a <span></span> to Custom Search Field (not result)

Example the are family of product, and sub family, I would allow to search by family not by sub ones. So the sub one family field set would not be shown.
        All of the custom meta search fields are enclosed in a single span tag (with a class name of "zoom_metaform").

The individual fields each have their own names but do not have their own span elements.

But you can specify your own search form in HTML and not depend on the one generated by Zoom if you really get stuck with some customization requirements. See this FAQ.

For the HTML code to your custom meta fields, it is probably easiest to use "View Source" in the browser and copy the form generated before turning it off and using your own.

By now, I changed some lines in the search.php page, to fit my need, But another question is following...
        First thing to point out is that we recommend against changing the script source code. The reason for this is that:

1) Your changes may break functionality and we are unable to provide technical support on a modified script. You will need to revert to the default script if you have any issue to confirm that it does not happen with the original script before we can investigate it.

2) Every time you upgrade to a new build or version of Zoom (which may be necessary to apply patches for bug fixes, etc.) you will need to port your changes over to the updated script.

Having said that, you are free to change the script if you understand and accept these disadvantages.

Do the ZOOM's CGI version customizable ?
        The CGI is a compiled executable coded in C++. As such, it requires a good deal of development experience (as well as the appropriate development environment and platform) to change and recompile the code. But the source code is available as part of the Zoom SDK for experienced developers who have advanced requirements.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for your detailled answer, I'll have a look to each specific link provided. Thank again for your time.

Comment

Working...
          X