exclude search from statistics log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exclude search from statistics log

How do I exclude the searches that I do myself from showing up in the weekly stats logs report?

There is no automatic way. If you really wanted to do this, then I would suggest pre-filtering the log using your IP address. Assuming you have a static IP address.

Comment

how do I pre filter it?

Comment

The log is just a text file in CSV format. So there are plenty of options, including
        By hand in notepad.
        With a search and replace in a more advanced text editor like UltraEdit
        In Excel
        With the Linux grep command (with the -v option) if you are on a Linux server

Or you could edit the search.php script to filter before writing the log. Or edit the report.php script to filter when reading the file.

Comment

We use cgi, not php on our server.

Can this still be done in cgi?
          That is, editing it so it excludes our ip?

Comment

The CGI is a compiled executable coded in C++ for performance. We provide the source code as part of the Zoom SDK but it requires a great deal of technical knowledge (and the appropriate compiler, and development environment) to do so.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Even if you use CGI for search, you could still use the report.php script for looking at the stats.

Comment

actually, I noticed all the searches had the same ip address...shouldn't they be different?

Comment

Generally yes, if different people are doing the search. But it does depend on how you call the CGI. Are you calling it from the web server directly, or via some other application or script? What is the URL for your search function?

Comment

Working...
                  X