Not sure about Search Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure about Search Results

We have a heavily custom search tool based on Zoom CGI interface. Which is great! I have been able to figure out most of our results and where they come from. Just not sure about these results when someone questioned the results and I am puzzled also. I am using CGI 6 build 1013

"legislative immunity"
    is what was searched on. Give me for search results with the info below.

Immunization Legislation 2002
    test.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14102
    Immunization Legislation 2003
    test.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14104

Above is the results page titles and links and most of the time when I put full quotes around a phrase it will find exact those terms. This time did not see that exact term in the following page. So not sure some how has to deal with Stemming or another setting in Zoom tool. Any insight would be great. Thanks Chris

We have confirmed this is a bug in the current release.

Exact phrases are matching across different sections of the same page. Since the meta description is indexed immediately before the page title, it is mistakingly crossing over the end of the meta description, "2002 Immunization Legislation" with the start of the title, "Immunization Legislation 2002", and treating it as a phrase.

In this particular scenario, turning off stemming will prevent this from happening since the phrase is only matching these two words because of it. But the real root of the problem is phrase matching across sections, which will be fixed in the next build release (V6.0 build 1014).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the information. Be looking forward to the new release. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
      X