Customise Search button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customise Search button

I'd like to change the search button I was able to change it on a search page, but on the result page. I still see the grey Submitt button.I check all :help FAQ and support pages and the resul:t I've got is my image on the top of submit button. I customise Search_template.htm as follow
    input.zoom_button {background: url(../images/searchbutton2.gif) no-repeat center top;}
    but I guess I need to modify search.asp. novere on web I could not find what should I do. My guess is : in Search.asp ,I have to change
    OutBuf(OUTPUT_FORM_SEARCHBUTTON) = OutBuf(OUTPUT_FORM_SEARCHBUTTON) & "<input type=""Submit"" value=""" & STR_FORM_SUBMIT_BUTTON & """ class=""zoom_button"" /> " & VbCrlf

so far- no luck. Please, help!

Did you read this FAQ?
    Q. How do I modify the appearance of the search form?

You should not need to modify "search.asp". You can achieve it via CSS, and if not, you can define your own HTML search form on the template page and disable the form generated by the script if necessary. We do not provide support for modified scripts.

There are many examples in the FAQ. All linked from the above. E.g.
    Examples using CSS
    Custom search form HTML examples
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you ,Raymond for the fast reply !Yes I did . I read this article, but my question was about search result page I was able to change search button on my custom page No problem , but when I have a result page the search button is displayed is original. I finaly modified the search.asp and I was able to custom button on result page my code is
      OutBuf(OUTPUT_FORM_SEARCHBUTTON) = OutBuf(OUTPUT_FORM_SEARCHBUTTON) & "<input type=""image"" src=""../images/searchbutton2.gif"" value=""" & STR_FORM_SUBMIT_BUTTON & """ class=""zoom_button"" /> " & VbCrlf
      As I said in my previous post When I modify only search_template my custom button was displayed on the top of original button like 2 layers of buttons

Comment

The example at the bottom of this page gives you CSS which does this.

The CSS you quoted in the original post was missing some crucial attributes seen in the above example, namely, you were lacking "border: 0px;" and setting a width and height which corresponded with the button image. These attributes eliminate the original button appearing on top of the image.

The word "Submit" can be suppressed by modifying the ZLANG language file (this was also explained in the above example on the FAQ page). More information about modifying the ZLANG file can be found in chapter 7.2 of the User Guide.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X