PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to customize search.aspx page/control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to customize search.aspx page/control?

When I create configuration for website using ASP platform I can create new .zlang file and can customize search.asp page/script.

For example, I created new XXX.zlang. There I changed text from Search for: to Search OCC for:

STR_FORM_SEARCHFOR=Search OCC for:

In search.asp page/script I made that phrase to be bold:

"<strong>" & STR_FORM_SEARCHFOR & "</ strong >"

When I create configuration for website using ASP.NET platform I can create new .zlang file, but I cannot customize search.aspx page/control. That option is grayed-out in the menu.

Is it possible to customize search.aspx page/control?

You should not need to modify "search.asp" to add the bold/strong HTML tags. You could have added that in the ZLANG file as part of the text, e.g.

STR_FORM_SEARCHFOR=<strong>Search OCC for:</strong>

An alternative method would have been to utilize CSS to change the appearance of that text.

Changing the "search.asp" script should only be a last resort when you can't customize something via CSS and/or the ZLANG files. The disadvantage with modifying the search script is that: (1) we are unable to provide support for a modified script, and (2) you will need to port your changes to future builds/updates of the script.

Given the above you should not need to modify the ASP.NET server control (modifying the "search.aspx" file will not help here). And no, you cannot modify it without re-building the ASP.NET Server Control which would require the SDK, Visual Studio, and some experience in compiling code.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray, worked great.

Comment

Working...
      X