Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted searchwords.log file

Hi,

I have corrupted searchwords.log file. When I run "Search Statistics" report I get message:

"Error while parsing selected log file. This log file may be corrupted.
    Error on Line 20824
    Expected Date token but found none or encountered invalid data"

I click OK button and get second message:

"Seccessfully parsed 23361 lines from log file.
    ........"

And I get report in the form of HTML file.

I found that line and it looks like that:

2017-02-15, 14:17:30, 10.20.2.81, "ica", Matches = 5, AND, PerPage = 10, PageNum = 0, No cats, Time = 0.186, Rec = 0
    e = 0.188, Rec = 0
    2017-02-15, 14:26:00, 10.90.1.120, "cbt reports", Matches = 4, AND, PerPage = 10, PageNum = 0, No cats, Time = 0.135, Rec = 0

If I remove that line and re-save that log file statistic report complains about token and doesn't run report at all.

Is there way to fix and save this file?

PS

Forgot to add - I use Notepad on Windows 10 to edit the file and after that report is not generated at all.

Is that line wrapping like the way we see it after you posted on the forum? Are there 3 lines basically when you posted. Hard to tell because sometimes the forum software wraps lines.

In any case, hard to comment without seeing the actual log file. If there is an actual line that starts with:

e = 0.188, Rec = 0

Then that is definitely a problem and removing it should help.

Corruption of the file can happen for various reasons -- if it has been edited, if the live file was being edited while it is being written to, etc. Or an unusual query -- if you're using an older version of the software and it's possible this has since been addressed.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray,

That is the actual line. And like I said in original post, when I try to edit file in Notepad I get message from Zoom's Statistics Report complains and doesn't run report at all.

We bought version 7. I just didn't have time to convert our website to use it.

Comment

We can't comment on what the problem is without seeing the log file. If you want to ZIP it up and email this to us (or put it on our FTP etc. if it's too big) then we can verify what the problem is.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray,

I sent you private message with link to download ZIP file.

Comment

We tried removing the line and re-saving it with UltraEdit and it was fine.

So we tried again with Notepad and was able to reproduce the problem IF you use "Save As" with "Unicode" or "UTF-8" Encoding.

If you make sure to select "ANSI" encoding with Notepad's "Save As" feature, then you will not corrupt the file and it will work.

Please see screenshot below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	notepad-saveas.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	33117
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray.