Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken links reporting

Version 6, build 1010 w/CGI

I don't seem to be able (or perhaps understand) how to enable "broken links" reporting - so I can see which actual pages contain the bad links reported in the log.

...Of course, I have checked the "broken Links" check box under the LOG tab. I have even selected EVERY report option.
    ...I read an earlier forum report where "Verbose" logging was required, and described. ...I can find no verbose option in the current implementation.
    ...The user guide was no help.

My site has 47,000+ pages, needles to say I need a little help finding the errant pages.

Please advise.

One quick way is to go to the "Status" tab and in the top right corner, theres a counter for errors, warnings and broken links. Double click on the "Broken Links" row.

This will take you to the "Log" tab with all the messages disabled except for "Broken links".

Turning on all the messages as you did probably made it hard if not impossible to find the links. The idea is to filter away the messages you don't want to see, so it's easier to track down what you do want to see.

Note also that you will need to actually run an indexing session for Zoom to find broken links.

Earlier forum posts mentioning "Verbose" mode were references to V5 or earlier. This no longer exists, nor is it necessary, in V6.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks.

Related question.

I am getting Warning messages "Could not download file:................... File not found", but 0 Broken Links, therefore, I have no indication as to which file had the invalid url.

Please advise how to identify the culprit.

Comment

On the log tab, you need to have the broken links check box checked before you start indexing.

This is actually a minor bug which we have fixed for the next release. You should be able to check it after indexing.

Comment

Got it. Thx!

Comment

Working...
          X