Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying results on same page

Hi I've just installed Version 6.

My website layout basically consists of 3 DIVs, left DIV for Menu, centre DIV for information and I want to put a Search box in the rght DIV. I've succeeded in getting the search box in the right DIV but is it possible to get the search results to show in the same DIV and not open a new page? If so, how?

(I do also have Header & footer DIVs which span the 3 main DIVs)

At the moment I'm using the js version but eventually will try to move to the php version, but I don't know anything about php at the present.

It depends what you mean by "not open a new page". If you mean whether the same page can be reloaded by the browser but with the search results in the middle DIV, then this is very easy and normal behaviour.

Just modify the template file to match your layout and place the necessary ZOOMSEARCH tag (or ZoomSearch(); since you are using JS... see chapter 6 of the Users Guide) inside the DIV element you want.

BUT if you are talking about making the browser NOT reload the page, so that it dynamically populates one DIV element of the page, then this is much trickier, and require sophisticated understanding of JavaScript, DOM, and AJAX (when you move to PHP). This is only something a very experienced developer/programmer can pull off, and frankly, not recommended if you don't already know what this is (unless you plan to spend the next 6 months learning the abovementioned technologies).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X