Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP.NET search control question?

Question about ASP.NET search control.

Do I need to have WSS or MOSS installed on the web server in order for ASP.NET search control (search.aspx page) to work, or should it work without them, just with ASP.NET framework installed?

I have Windows 2003 server with ASP.NET framework (no WSS or MOSS), and I followed installation instruction for this control, and I am getting this error:

Server Error in '/zoomaspx' Application.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.]
    zoomSearch.search(zoomSearch* , zoomSearchSetup* zsSetup) +12174
    ZoomASPX.ASPXSearch.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +1141
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +199
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +20
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2558

Version Information:
    Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

==============================

EDIT:

When I type http://www.myserver.edu/zoomaspx/search.aspx I get the search page ok. That error comes up when I search for anything.

Also, where are those ZDAT files suppose to be? In the root folder, or inside zoomaspx folder?
    Last edited by Mozartman; Dec-12-2008, 10:12 PM.

We have confirmed that this is a bug in the current beta release.

This will be fixed in the next update (V6 beta which should be available later today. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X