problems using with proxy integrated authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems using with proxy integrated authentication

I have problems using zoom search with a proxy; get error 407 . I've checked the setttings in IE but this doenn't help. We're using proxy with integrated authentication. Any ideas?

HTTP error 407 means proxy authentication required.

As we have no knowledge of your security setup we can't really tell you how you can authenticate with your proxy. When you access the net do you normally have a dialog pop up asking for a user name & password?

What I can say is that Zoom uses the settings from IE when accessing the net through a proxy.

------
    David

Comment

proxy athentication

No I'm on a office network. I log in once and then any further commection to the web (http , ftp etc) are done without login.

Comment

Do you use IE for your web browsing normally? And does this work? Or are you using Firefox or something else?

Make sure you have "Enable Integrated Windows Authentication" checked in IE (Tools->Internet Options->Advanced)
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

proxy

I just checked Enable Integrated Windows Authentication in IE 6.0 and restarted but still get this 407.

Comment

You might need to talk to the people responsible for your authenticating proxy server and ask why it is returning a 407 error and if they can avoid it. As we know nothing about the proxy you are using it is hard to suggest anything.

-----
            David

Comment

Working...
            X