Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight and exact search pb

Hi,

When i use the search.php generated page, highlight and exact search work great.

When i use the same code but in my CMS (CMS Made Simple), both don't work:
    - highlight doesn't display the <span class="highlight"> tag
    - exact search found nothing

Some idea?

Thanks.

We have no experience with CMS Made Simple.

Can you post the URL to a page using this CMS and the search term you used to try a find this page.

----
    David

Comment

Originally posted by Wrensoft
      We have no experience with CMS Made Simple.

Can you post the URL to a page using this CMS and the search term you used to try a find this page.

----
      David
      Here is the exemple page that works perfectly:
      http://internet.pact-arim.org/search.php
      try with "institutions"

Now the same code but in the CMS:
      http://internet.pact-arim.org/recherche.html
      try with "institutions" but no more highlight!!!

Thanks for your time.

Comment

We can't quite tell what you are doing, because we don't know what you mean by having the "same code but in the CMS".

It would seem like you have two seperate sets of index files OR two seperate versions of the search script. If you have modified a copy of "search.php" in any way, then you most likely have broken the highlighting functionality with your code changes.

We can't quite tell if you mean to tell us that "recherche.html" is actually embedding and calling the "search.php" script. It certainly does not seem to be doing so, since the output is different. In "search.php", which we presume to be our script unmodified, the highlighting is being correctly executed. In "recherche.html", the highlighting tags are missing.

We are speculating that "recherche.html" is actually a copy of (or using a copy of) the default "search.php" script which you have modified. Let us know if this is the case, or provide us with more information on what you have done.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          It would seem like you have two seperate sets of index files OR two seperate versions of the search script.
          Thanks for your help, but the index files and the script are the same, the only difference is that the script is embedded in the cms (based on smarty)...

I made a new version of the script with the full design but not embedded and all work like a charm!

You have a great product, simple and efficient, and a good feedback.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X