Can Zoom spider links in image maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Zoom spider links in image maps?

I have a map of the United States with links to each state via an image map. Can Zoom follow / spider these links? I bought the Professional version and cannot find this option anywhere in settings.

Thanks in advance!

Zoom will not spider image maps. Note that there are two types of image maps: client-side and server-side.

Client-side image maps are implemented using Javascript to process the coordinates. This can not be supported by Zoom due to the reasons described in this FAQ:
    Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?
    Also refer to the above link for the solution to making your Javascripts spider-friendly (by having text links within a <noscript> ... </noscript> block).

Server-side image maps send the coordinates to a server-side CGI for it to process. This too is not possible for the spider to support, because it would not be practical for the spider to attempt every possible coordinate in order to see which positions actually return a different URL or web page.

So in either of these cases, the best solution is to provide text links somewhere else on the page, or to add these links manually as additional start points in Zoom (by clicking on the "More" button).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X