Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synonyms and spelling suggestions

Hello

When you search for a term using zoom search engine, which is not present inside the website, you could get its synonyms, if the term has any synonyms.

1) I would like to know if it is possible to highlight the word which is the synonym for the term that the visitor entered. Right now you get the results of its synonyms, but nothing is highlighted, so the end user maybe confuses.

2)Also I would like to know if a message can appear thet will tell for instance

"Sorry we couldnt find any results for the term "mozilla" but we have found these results for its synonym "firefox".

3) Could spelling suggestions be used with other languages, except English? Is it possible to be configured, in order to suggest other terms which are close to the one that is search, and is present inside its crawled index (I think that this is the way it workds with English, but not with other languages) ?

Thanks in advance

1.) Not in the current version. We are looking at some improvements in the highlighting feature for V5.0 however, and this could be made possible.

2.) Again, not in the current version. We will consider this as a possible feature request, but it is low priority at the moment as you are the first to ask for it.

3.) Spelling suggestions are determined based on English based pronunciation. This means that while it will not work as well for other languages, it should work to a certain extent for other latin-based languages such as French and German. To provide a spelling suggestion feature that works well for all languages is a huge task and one that would bloat out the size of the script (we would essentially need to re-implement it for each language). There are currently no plans to do so at this point.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X