Clear All

• How to skip index file

Hi,

I configured zoom search to:
    1. Follow link only
    2. On the skip list I added "index.html"

But still after the search is finished I can see that one of the result is

3. No title
    Voltaire FAQ How to collect VFM routing information Show as PDF How to debug a failing individual Switch Port or HCA port Show as PDF Ho...
    Terms matched: 1 - Score: 4 - 22 Feb 2006 - URL: http://docs.voltaire.com/Documents/FAQ/index.html

How can I skip all index.html pages ?

Thanks
    Nir

Is that page your start URL? The start URL is not checked against the page skip list since it is presumed that you want to index that page since you've entered it in. However, if you have "Follow links only" selected for this URL then it should not have indexed it with any content.

With your configuration, Zoom shouldl skip any links to "index.html", as well as any start points to "index.html" and even any redirected pages to "index.html". So I am not sure why else it would be indexing that page.

Make sure you are:
    1.) Using the latest build of Zoom available from here: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
    2.) Have re-indexed and re-uploaded your search files after changing the configuration and adding the skip list entry.

If you continue to have this problem, save a copy of the index log ("File"->"Save index log to file") with Verbose mode enabled and email this to us (zoom [at] wrensoft [dot] com) along with your ZCFG file.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

The problem is in your skip list.

You have entries like,

"/Documents/Tech-Guides/index.html"
      "/Documents/index.html"

but you need to remove the quotation marks in order to get a match.

/Documents/Tech-Guides/index.html
      /Documents/index.html

Also if you really want to skip every single file that contains index.html as part of the URL, only a single link is needed in the skip list,

/index.html

-----
      David

Comment

Working...
      X