Zoom not 'finishing'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom not 'finishing'

A few times recently when I have indexed my site with Zoom it gets to the last page to be indexed then nothing happens.

CPU usage by Zoomindexer.exe is still running at 50%

I'm using the Professional version 4.2 (build 1009) with CGI option. The current number of files scanned is 5533.

If I try to stop the indexing manually I get the "Stop indexing request by user. Finishing up..." message but still nothing happens, my only option is to close Zoom and start again.

Starting Zoom up again and reindexing normally works okay but this time Zoom is just sitting there.

Please e-mail us your ZCFG file at zoom [at] wrensoft [dot] com. We can try to reproduce the problem and look into it in more detail.

Can you also tell us if you may have paused the indexing during the few instances where Zoom failed to finish. That is, you may have paused for a second and then hit resume. We are currently looking at a bug in the pause function, so it would be good to confirm if this is the same problem or not.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Raymond,

Just wanted to say thanks for the e-mail support and to let you know that so far the problem has not resurfaced.

John

Comment

If you do see the problem again. Make sure you get V4.2 build 1010 or later.

We fixed a few bugs in between builds 1009 and 1010 that might have caused the problem you saw. See,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

-------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X