Font size for Search For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font size for Search For

I have got my search page set up exactly as I want with one exception, the text Search For: in front of the input box.

Nothing I have done so far seems to affect that. Any suggestions please?

The page can be seen at

http://www.grainge.org/search/search.php

Also, is it possible to change the numbering of the search results. At present they come out as Bold and changing .result_title did not affect that.
    Peter Grainge

The text "Search for:" in front of the input box is defined by the "zoom_searchform" CSS class. You can change the "font-size" attribute to change this accordingly. You can also modify the font, colours, etc.

For more information, see this support page on CSS:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

You can also modify the actual text (so that it could say "Enter your keywords here:" instead of "Search for:" , for example), by editing the Language files. See the Users Guide for more information.

The numbering is stuck with being bold unfortunately. But you can turn off the numbers all together via the Configuration window, in the "Results Layout" tab though.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I tried changing the percentage but found that made all the other text in the form too small.

I have now defined the font-size by specifying 10pt but as you can see, the other fonts in the form then shrink to retain the proportions, which on reflection I quite like now.

It would seem however that this particular label cannot be forced to be the same size as Result per Page and so on which was my original point.

There doesn't seem to be a way of getting all the text in the form part of the page to be the same size but no longer a problem. Thanks.
      Peter Grainge

Comment

The other text in the form, such as "Results per page" and "any search words", etc. are defined by the "zoom_options" class.

This is currently set to 80% font-size on your page. This is why it appears smaller than the "Search for:" text. If you change this class to the same font-size as "zoom_searchform", then you will find that the text will be the same size.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ah! Many thanks.
          Peter Grainge

Comment

Working...
          X