PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Time Accessed/Most frequently accessed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Time Accessed/Most frequently accessed...

Last Time Accessed Indexing...

Is this supported by Zoom Search? If so, how? I normally would search the threads for the answer but I'm a little short on time and would really appreciate it if anyone can help me...

What I need to do is to add weight to the frequency in which the file/page is accessed... or any suggestion as to how to implement this...

Thanks in advance

Zoom does not currently store any data on how often, or when, a web page is accessed.

There is more to this than you may have considered. Where are you thinking of getting this information from? If you're thinking of the web server log (which would be the most accurate and include all accesses to your website), then how would this be accessed? There are a great variety of different server log file formats, and for different web servers, and it would not be practical to index this information. If you wish to only look at the accesses made via the search results (ie: what pages were accessed via the search results), then this would require significant external scripting development as well.

If you are simply trying to boost the more popular pages on your site (and you have pre-determined which pages are popular), you should consider using the ZOOMPAGEBOOST meta tag, to ensure that certain pages are ranked higher. Take a look at this FAQ for more information:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_score.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thanks so much ray, that will really help...

i still have to log what pages they access most, though. i'll probably just do this by editing the search script and maintain a file or db somewhere to keep track of pages they click everytime.

Comment

Working...
      X