Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add some variables in zlang file

Hi,

I wish to add some variables (exactly 3) in the zlang file.

For my development and tests I modify manually the settings.asp file and everything works quite well. Then I add the new variables (STR_NOTE1, STR_NOTE2 and STR_NOTE3) in my zlang file. But when I run the indexation I get the following error message:

Invalid text entry "STR_NOTE1" in language file (custom.zlang)
    Invalid text entry "STR_NOTE2" in language file (custom.zlang)
    Invalid text entry "STR_NOTE3" in language file (custom.zlang)

(The zlang file is well saved in Unicode format)

Have you some idea? Thanks for any help

Jean-Philippe

We did not envisage people adding their own new variables to the zlang file. We only expected people to only use this file for translating the text that Zoom uses.

But we did expect some people to make mistakes while editing the zlang files. For this reason we attempt to check the contents of the file are correct when it is loaded.

So these error messages are normal. Zoom thinks the file is now corrupted as a result of a bad edit. We would be relunctant to change this behaviour becuase there needs to be some sanity checking on the zlang files to avoid errors in the scripts later on.

-----
    David

Comment

what advantages can be gained from adding our own vars ?

Comment

There are no advantages to adding your own variables to the ZLANG file in relation to Zoom, and it is not supported.

I suspect the original poster has modified the search script heavily and have added additional text messages that were not originally used.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi all

As Ray said in his post, I've modified the search script to add some behaviours, not in the search procedure itself, but in the presentation (in fact, a little javascript pop-up which appears when the mouse is over a specific word in the header).

Never mind, I'll try to find another solution.

Thanks for your replies

Jean-Philippe

Comment

Working...
          X