Username too long for Zoom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Username too long for Zoom?

I am indexing a site that requires authentication. My username is long (23 characters) as it is of the form DomainName\UserName. I enter the username and password into the configuration settings, then begin indexing. I get a stack of HTTP 401 errors, showing that my authentication has failed. Looking at the configuration again, only the first 19 characters of the username have been saved - I have lost the last 4 characters! Help! I cannot shorten my username easily - can I get around this Zoom username length limit of 19 characters?

Andrew

We'll have a look at the issue. Bug might be a few days before we can fix the software assuming there is a bug.

In the meantime, you might want to have a read of this page,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/auth.html
    At the bottom of this page are some other methods of dealing with authenicated sites.

-----
    David

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far, I look forward to a bug fix if such is possible. Incidentally, I purchased the Professional version of Zoom Indexer a short time ago. Prior to adding the authentication to my site, I have been very impressed with the performance and capabilities of Zoom.

Andrew

Comment

We've extended the length of the acceptable login name for Authentication to 40 characters in the latest build (4.2.1007). You can download the latest version here:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

It was previously restricted to 20 characters because that is the limit in Windows. But this did not take into account the "DomainName\UserName" format. We've also added some error messages to alert the user when they enter in a login or password that is too long.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the bug fix - and for doing it so quickly. Zoom is back to working properly again and I look forward to getting a lot of valuable use from it.

Comment

Working...
          X