PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Sales Questions: phpBB, Yahoo Mail List Archive, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Sales Questions: phpBB, Yahoo Mail List Archive, etc...

I am looking at purchasing a copy of the Zoom Pro, but have a few questions for the install base:

1. Has anyone used it to search phpBB forums. How well did it work? Can you provide links to your website or provide examples?
    2. Has anyone used Zoom to search Yahoo mailing list archives, photo and file libaries. How well did it work? Can you provide links to your website or provide examples?
    3. Has anyone used Zoom to search multiple websites (100+)? How well did it work? Can you provide links to your website or provide examples?
    4. How well does the auto indexer and auto ftp upload feature work? Is it setup and forget or does it require manual activities?
    5. What are index timeframes? How long does it take to index 3000 to 5000 pages?

thank you for your assistance.

jeff
    LotusElan.net

Here are a few links that might help,

Search speed benchmarks

Indexing speed benchmarks

FAQ question, "How should I index my site if it features a message board, forum, or calendar and other similarly complex scripts?"

Other example sites

From your list of questions, only the Yahoo mailing list archives is something that we haven't done. But it should be possible after a bit of configuration.

----
    David

Comment

We do have a user who is using Zoom to search a Yahoo mailing list. He has posted about it on the forums in the past:
      http://wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1843#1843
      So it would certainly seem to be possible. The search feature on his site is password protected unfortunately. We'll let him or any other users speak for themselves regarding their experience.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X