zoomindexer.log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoomindexer.log

In a previous topic, you said that the zoomindexer.log file is saved by default in the same folder where Zoom is installed.

I don't know why but on my test machine, this log file is saved on the desktop. Is there a place where we can configure this option.

If not, as I run the Zoom Indexer via a batch file (because I need to perform other tasks before the indexing process), I could add a command to move the log file to another place.

thanks

Jean-Philippe

Hi Jean,

It's not in the config screen, it's on the main screen. Under either the "Offline Mode" or the "Spider Mode" tabs, set the Output Directory to be wherever you want the file to go to. (At least, I think this is the solution...)

- JW

Comment

Jean's actually referring to the "zoomindexer.log" file which is created when ZoomIndexer is executed with a command-line option (or as a scheduled task). This file is not affected by the "Output directory" setting in the Zoom main window.

The "zoomindexer.log" file is written to what Windows considers as the "working directory" for "ZoomIndexer.exe". By default, this is the folder that Zoom is installed in (and where ZoomIndexer.exe resides).

However, if you are running Zoom via a DOS batch file, then it is possible that you have a different working directory. Your batch file is most likely on your desktop for example, and you are probably using a full absolute path to execute Zoom, like this:

"C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\ZoomIndexer.exe" -o zoom.zcfg

To change where "zoomindexer.log" is written, you need to change the working directory first:

cd "C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\"
      ZoomIndexer.exe -o zoom.zcfg

This will write the file back in the Zoom program folder. You can of course, "cd" to a different folder, and then use the absolute path to call Zoom as well - allowing it to save the log to which ever folder you prefer.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for your replies

The Ray's solution is working well but as the log file is rewrite every time Zoom is run and as I which to keep every log file, I move and rename it via the batch file. So never mind where the log is put by the program.

Regards

Jean-Philippe

Comment

Working...
        X