Indexing PowerPoint files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing PowerPoint files

I am using Zoom to index a site with a mixture of html pdf and ppt files.
    Zoom is successfully finding and using the 'Title' property when set in pdf document properties, but does not seem to be doing this for PowerPoint files. I would prefer the search results to list the Title (from the document properties) rather than the file name of a PowerPoint file. Is this possible please?

This appears to be a bug in the current version (4.2.1004). We'll fix this up in the next build (4.2.1005) which should be made available in the coming week.

With the new (fixed) build, you should be able to include title and meta descriptions from PPT files by ensuring that "Use meta information from plugins when available" is checked in the Configuration window (under the Scan Options tab).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks. I have now downloaded version 4.2.1005.

But I am using Zoom as a Dreamweaver extension. How do I upgrade this to build 4.2.1005?

Comment

You can just install the new stand alone version and run it from the Windows start menu. (rather than from within DW).

You can turn off the DW extension (to avoid confusion) from the Macromedia Extension Manager window
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/dreamweaver.html

We don't have a DW extension at this build number yet. (The DW extension development often lags a few weeks to the stand alone version).

-------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X