Context Description contains nav text, using stop/restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Context Description contains nav text, using stop/restart

First, I can't show the site b/c it's internal, but I'll try to step through what I've done.

We have a pretty clean site, using css for layout. Our nav appears first in the html. I've set it up so it has
    Code:

divs with our navigation

rest of the page
    However, when the results page is shown, it shows the nav link text as the context description, and all our results look exactly the same. I thought those tags prevent that area from being indexed?

Would other comment tags before and after it such as
    Code:

other code
    have any effect on it? Thanks for any help in advance.

Version: 4.1
    ASP option

Ok, strange. I downloaded 4.2, and it even was indexing differently. Seems that now it is working ok. Was it a bug in 4.1, or did it help to close the program and restart my configuration. In any case, not sure what happened but it seems to work now.

Comment

I don't think there was any particular bug fix for this between V4.1 and V4.2.
      You can see a list of changes here,
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

Anyway it is working now and that's the main thing.

----
      David

Comment

You might have been indexing a cached copy of the page, if you have only recently added the ZOOMSTOP/ZOOMRESTART tags before your first attempt. There's a "Reload all files (do not use cache)" option in the Configuration window if you want to make sure this doesn't happen.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. That may be what happened b/c it seemed to refresh on me. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
          X