Zoom_datetime.zdat file is invalid or not up-to date error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom_datetime.zdat file is invalid or not up-to date error

I am getting this error on the website when I do a search.
    Zoom config error: The zoom_datetime.zdat file is invalid or not up-to-date. Please make sure you have uploaded all files from the same indexing session

I have the indexing set to automatically upload when finished. The files are not updating when they are uploaded.

And I also noticed that when I update a config that I have done and save it, it does not update. I have to give the config file a new name in order for it to save correctly.

Can you assist please.
    To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

If the files are successfully uploaded (as your post implies they are), then they have to have replaced the existing files in the same directory.

So I am guessing you are running your search from directory X on your server but uploading new files to location Y.

i.e. You might be uploading the files to the wrong location on your server.

As for the config file saving. We have tested this and could not reproduce the problem. Can you give more details of exactly what steps you are doing and what software / OS versions you are using.

-----
    David

Comment

Procedures for configuring

I set the configuration that I wanted for the site, then I began indexing. After the indexing, the files were automatically uploaded to the httpdocs folder of my site. This is the root folder of the site.
      I am still getting the message. I have not done this any differently than before, but I am now getting this message.
      To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

I presume that when you say the files are being automatically uploaded, this means that you are using Zoom to upload the files after indexing. And assuming that, as you said, they are being uploaded to the same folder, then this should not be a problem.

There are a couple other possibilities here:

- Have you modified "search.php" or "settings.php" in any way, or indeed any of the ZDAT files? This includes even just loading the files in a program not designed for them, eg. opening a ZDAT file in Dreamweaver for example.

- Are you using the latest build of Zoom available. Check the version that you have installed by clicking on Help->About. The latest is available here:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

If you continue to have problems, zip up your search files (search.php, settings.php, and all ZDAT files) and e-mail them to us (see address at the top of that page).

You might want to include your ZCFG file if you are still having that problem with your changes not being saved. Tell us the steps necessary to reproduce this behaviour and we can confirm if there is a bug. It would also help if you can tell us the version of Windows you are using, as David requested before.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X