Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating zoom options

Great program guys, just one question.

After I make a change to the programs configuration, should the update take effect automatically or the next time I index the files? Im curious because after i selected the 'highlight search terms' option, the option still hasnt gone into effect, even after I re-indexed my files to my site.

www.nqcad.com.au

Any help will be appreciated.

Yes, you do need to re-index for your configuration changes to take effect.

While you have done this on your website, your problem is that you've incorrectly specified the .highlight CSS class in your "search_template.html" file. This defines the appearance of the highlighted text. By default it sets the background colour to yellow using this:

.highlight { background: #FFFF40; }

However, you have changed this to the following:

.highlight { background: "Background.jpg" }

This is invalid CSS. You can specify an image as a background but thats not the correct syntax (see "background-image:" or the "url()" attribute). More info on using CSS to define your background/colours here:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#color-...und-properties
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ok, ive modified the highlight colour so its set to the default yellow again. Ive clicked the config box that says "highlight matched words in search results" but the words still arn't being highlighted. Is there anything wrong with my code?

www.nqcad.com.au

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, i need to make a user account. Ill do that after this.

One more problem ive come across. Even after i change the page heading from 'Example Zoom Search Engine Template' to my desired heading 'nqCAD Search Results' in the search.htm document, it still keeps the default name. Any help?

Comment

This is what you now have on your page:

Code:
          .highlight { background: "#FFFF40" }
          Check the CSS syntax. This is still not valid. This is what you should have instead (as mentioned in our previous post above):

Code:
          .highlight { background: #FFFF40; }
          Note the lack of quotation marks, and the semi-colon.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray ive got the highlight sorted now.

One more problem ive come across. Even after i change the page heading from 'Example Zoom Search Engine Template' to my desired heading 'nqCAD Search Results' in the search.htm document, it still keeps the default name. Any help?
            Any help on that one though?

Comment

You're probably modifying the wrong file for the search page title. There is no "search.htm". The template file is named "search_template.html".

Looking at the "search_template.html" file on your web site here:
              http://www.nqcad.com.au/search_template.html

We can see that your title is still set to "Example Zoom search template page". So check which file you are changing the page title in. Also make sure that the file was re-uploaded to the web server once you've made your change.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Cheers mate thanks for the help. I was editing the search.htm file in the Zoom directory and not the template as you said.

Comment

Working...
                X