Getting an Internet Explorer error - Operation aborted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an Internet Explorer error - Operation aborted

Okay Gang, I have the search working. Go to www.lincolnarchives.us and do a search "douglas"

If you go to the second page and select #20, which is a link to the URL for cincinnati railsplitter and click on the link, you get an error for Internet Explorer and when you click okay you get the "page not found"
    http://www.lincolnarchives.us/index....hlight=douglas

If you copy the url from the search list, and paste it into the address bar and press enter, you get the page just fine.
    http://www.lincolnarchives.us/index....ail08011860_18

And by the way, in the configuration setup, I unchecked the highlighting, and unchecked all but the result number and the URL, but as you can see, everything is added in the search results.

What is going on?
    Help!
    To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

First of all, it looks like the "Jump to highlighting" option is still enabled. Check the Configuration window in Zoom, under the "Results Layout" tab, and the option for "Jump to match and highlight within document". If this is unchecked, you need to make sure that you have re-indexed and re-uploaded your files. This is necessary for this change to take effect.

Second, when I go to that first URL, the page did load, and it also located (scrolled the browser to) the first instance of the word "Douglas" successfully. However, IE popped up a separate message window that says, "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site ... Operation aborted" despite the page having loaded just fine.

We came across this behaviour recently before, and we have determined that it is an Internet Explorer bug. Here is my previous post discussing this:
    http://wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555#2212

I have also just confirmed that your above URL had no problem, or any error messages in Firefox 1.0.7.

As to what is triggering the IE bug on your page in particular, that is a harder question to answer. There are a number of Javascripts on your web pages, and this also complicates things since the "jump to highlighting" Javascript can potentially conflict with your other scripts (as is the nature of all Javascripts that run on the same page).

We would recommend checking for any broken HTML - unclosed tags, etc.

Another possible cause: we noticed you are calling the highlight() function before the </body> tag. Please consult our instructions here again:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/highlighting.html

We recommended two methods of calling the highlight() function. One is to use the onLoad= attribute in the <body> tag, and the other is to use the script tag near the end of your HTML file, "after the </body> tag". Try fixing this to match one of our recommended methods and see if that helps. You should note that in my previous forum post (see above), I had better luck avoiding the IE bug by using the body onload tag - so that should be worth trying.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Internet Explorer Error

Raymond, the highlighting has been completely disabled in the config. Also the only items checked for the results is the results number and the URL. These are the ONLY things that are checked. After indexing, the files are ftpd directly to the site. But upon viewing, the highlighting is still enabled, as well as severel of the items I unchecked showing the results.
      After configuring I re-indexed twice, and came up with the same results.
      Karen

Comment

Internet Explorer error

I have fixed the problem. I simply removed the two lines calling for the highlight.js. That took care of the problem.
        Thanks for the assist.
        Karen

Comment

Working...
        X