Highlighting works, Jumping to highlight does not, pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobertS71 View Post
    When I do that, the pages load without the "operation aborted" error message, but the highlighting does not work.
    There could be a variety of reasons for this. If you have other JavaScripts on the page, then it could be a conflict in the way those scripts work and what the highlighting script is trying to do.

Also, I first tried placing the <script type="text/javascript">highlight();</script> line after the </body> tag at the bottom of the pages, but my html editor refuses to allow it! The line is always repositioned above the </body> tag when I save the changes. Go figure?
    You can modify a HTML file with any text editor, even NotePad. This sounds more like a problem with the limitations of your editor?

We are using Ver 5.1, and have been for quite some time. No changes to our highlight javascript implementation have been made in quite some time. Yet, a few weeks ago, all on IE6 or IE7 started getting this same error.
    It is an IE setting to display or suppress these errors. More likely your IE settings changed, and it was suppressing the errors before and you just weren't seeing them.

We can't really offer much advice without debugging your scripts (which we don't have), since it is essentially a Javascript conflict issue. Please see this Support Page for information:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_highlight.html

Having said all that, V6 features a new highlighting script that is improved, offers better compatibility with other Javascripts and we haven't heard from anyone with this sort of problem with the new version as yet. We would suggest giving that a go.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hello Ray,

Thanks for the reply!

I tried the new highlighting script that comes with V6. That fixed the problem for us! We're good to go.

Thanks again for your help.

Bob

Comment

Working...
      X