Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zlang error message in Help & Manual 4

I'm getting the following text in Help & Manual's compiler messages window:
    Zoom Search Engine Indexer (Professional Edition)
    Version 4.2.1000 (Build: Custom build for EC Software) on Windows XP
    Copyright Wrensoft 2000-2004 (http://www.wrensoft.com/)
    Start indexing (offline mode) at Mon Oct 03 13:37:46 2005
    [ERROR] Missing text in ZLANG file selected (x:\group\project management\bds\active\policy release 10\execution & control\data dictionary\New_Policy_Data.zlang)
    Any idea what's happening here? I don't see any .zlang files in either the application directory (where zindexer.exe resides) or the output directory.

Thanks.

It would appear that the ZLANG file (located at:
    x:\group\project management\bds\active\policy release 10\execution & control\data dictionary\New_Policy_Data.zlang) is missing some text which is expected for the search page layout. We are unfamiliar with how the "Help & Manual" application manages the ZLANG files used by Zoom. You should contact EC Software regarding their "Help & Manual" product for further assistance.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for your response Ray. I'll send EC and email about this.

Comment

Eric,
        this problem is (was) known and should be fixed in the latest build of Help & Manual from our homepage. The error comes from an incomplete configuration file that Help & Manual creates. When you have created your help project with one of the first builds of H&M 4 (or with the beta), the translation strings in Project > Properties > Browser based help > Search may be incomplete. To fix the problem, please download the latest build of Help & Manual and reset the search section to defaults for this help project.

The error is non-critical, by the way. The Zoom indexer evaluates all known variables, while the search script generated by Help & Manual does if fact not use all variables. So you can safely ignore the error message (the latest build of H&M fixes it though).

Comment

Working...
        X