Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple client sites

Quick question,

Each time I produce a client site that needs zoom, I index that locally to start. I already have zoom installed, but that copy is registered to a client. I have just purchased another professional edition for a new client.

Do I install another copy locally, registered to the new client or should each copy be installed on the remote web server to work correctly

many thanks

You should only need one license per machine that you will be indexing from. But if you wish to also run the Indexer application on a remote web server, then you will need a separate license for this server.

Here is more information:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...s.html#license
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I see

OK, so basically I can use the copy on my PC (Iresspective who it is licenced to) to index any client site and upload the files. Then when I give them there copy to run on thier local PC, just make sure that has the proper licence key

Is that right ?

Comment

Your client and yourself will each need a separate license key if you are both using the Indexer on your respective machines.

So you can either purchase a new license key for them and continue using the existing one on your PC for yourself OR give them the existing one on your PC, and purchase a new license for yourself.

For each of your clients that intends to run the Indexer on their own machine/server, you will need a new license key under their name. Note again to other users that this is only for running the Indexer application. If you only index on one computer, and upload the search files to multiple servers, you will only need one license key.

You mentioned that you have already purchased a secondary license in your original post, so it may be a simple matter of working out who should use which license. If you have more questions, send us an email and let us know the actual usernames in question, and what you are trying to do, so we can better determine what needs to be done.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X