Not passing search result in url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not passing search result in url

I'm trying to get the highlighting part working and I'm having a problem. The keyword is not being passed along with the URL. If I manually ad the string "?zoom_highlight=test" to the end of the url it works, so I know I have that part set up properly. I've selected in the configuration to allow jump to match and highlighting in the document.

Am I missing something.

Thanks

If you are sure that you have set the configuration option correctly "results layout" tab in the Zoom configuration window, then maybe you haven't re-indexed your site and re-uploaded the index files.

If you still have a problem can you post the URL to your site.

----
    David

Comment

http://www.goshennews.com/search/

Here is a link to where I have the search set up.

Thanks

Comment

We looked into this, and it appears to be a bug. The "zoom_highlight=" parameter (required for the "jump to highlighting" feature) is not being included when you have "Title of page" disabled in the search results layout. We will fix this in the next public release (4.2.1003).

In the mean time, you can workaround this by enabling "Title of page" in the "Results Layout" tab of the Configuration window, thus allowing the page title to be displayed for the links. This will correctly include the parameter needed for "Jump to highlighting" to work.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

That took care of the problem.

Is there something you have to do different to get this to work in Exlorer 5 for Macintosh. It works fine in Netscape 7, but not at all in Explorer.

Thanks

Comment

We have not tested the "Jump to highlighting" Javascript on Internet Explorer 5 for Mac. As is the nature of all Javascripts, they behave differently on various browsers because it is client-side scripting and they are entirely dependant on how the browser interprets the script. IE 5 for Mac is a particularly old browser so it would not be too surprising if it struggles with some Javascript operations. We have had users report success with Safari and Firefox on Macs however.

You might also want to check that you do not have any other Javascripts being used on the same page, as this could potentially cause conflict.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for your help. Seems like a pretty good product.

Comment

Working...
              X