Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusion searches in CGI version - possible bug

Hi everyone,

I tested ZOOM 4.2 build 1001 both ASP and CGI versions. I indexed the same file with only the few words in it. I noticed with the same search string (the string was danas -sutra, what means let me find any occurance of word danas but not word sutra), the ASP returned indexed page, but the CGI didn't.

It looks to me that minus sign infront of the excluded word makes problem to CGI. Without the minus sign, it runs fine as usual.

By the way, I noticed the ZOOM now support ASP.NET no metter I didn't tested it yet. But can you guys consider making search module for DotNetNuke based on the ZOOM, because core search module in DNN is pretty useless? This is just an idea!
    Regards,
    Nenad

Can you give us more detail about how the CGI version failed. Did it return an error message? Was there simply no results found?

Also, make sure that you are using the exact same indexing configuration as the ASP version. Is the word found at all, and can you search for "danas sutra" for example?

It may be best if you can zip up your files for both of these versions, and e-mail them to us. Include your ZCFG file and the actual file being indexed if possible.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray,

I'm very sorry for making quick conclusion the CGI version fails with exclusion search. The conclusion was based on only one file indexed, and the CGI simply terurned no result. But yesterday when I reindexed our entire intranet portal with the exclusion search function turned on, the CGI worked as expected. It realy returns results with exclusion search. I mean, it doesn't return results containing excluded word.

My appologise once again, for bad conclusion.
      Regards,
      Nenad

Comment

Working...
      X