Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object expected - Javascript hightlight Error

Hello!

I searched for this, but couldn't find anything....

I've got an internal intranet that resides on a windows server. When I index, I'm putting the start directory as: \\folder\folder\website...

The index works fine this way, as does the search, except even though the search works, the pages give me an error message. I looked at the error message, and it's displaying the URL to the page like this: file://\\folder\folder\website\page.html. In other words, it adds "file://" to all the search result pages that come up, which technically works, but as is said, gives me errors.

Perhaps I'm configuring wrong?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

AJ

Can you tell us:

- Which platform option are you using: PHP, ASP, JS or CGI?
    - What have you specified as the "Base URL"?
    - What is the error message that you see, and when and where does it appear?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hello, Ray...

I'm now thinking this is not the problem I thought it was originally. But, regardless, in answer to your questions, I'm running the JS version of this on a Windows server. My base URL is the same as my starting URL.

I'm now thinking that it's the highlight script causing the problem. The error message is pointing to the line with that script in it. I'm getting an "Object expected" error. I've tried both the <body onload="highlight();"> script, and the <script type="text/javascript">highlight();</script> script (which has been placed after </body>), and I get the same error for both, and the highlighting is not working.

AJ

Comment

It certainly sounds like a "jump to highlight" problem. Do you have other Javascripts on the page (eg. dropdown menus etc)? They can potentially conflict with the highlight script.

Take a look at these threads that previously discussed this issue:
        http://wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=452
        http://wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=445

If you get the same error on a page without any other Javascripts, let us know, and if possible, email us a copy of this webpage.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray, I believe my problem has been fixed!

I looked through the posts you listed, and a few others besides, and used a combination of fixes for my page and the highlight.js script, and that seemed to work.

Thanks Again!

AJ

Comment

Working...
          X