Date not showing on all articles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date not showing on all articles.

I have added the meta tag as specifed by the documentaion so that the 'last modified' date should be listed on the search results... but the date on most articles is still come up with 1 jan 1970 .. why is this?

also..

is there a way to put a date picker or date range selection to search for articles with in a certain date (comparing with this last modified date) ?

Thanks for any help!

Did you re-index & re-upload your site after adding the new meta data?

Can you post the meta data from a document that has the wrong date.

------
    David

Comment

yes i did...

BTW .. our office should be putting in the purchase anytime now.. (today or tomorrow)

here is the metadata from one that reports 1 Jan 1970..

<meta http-equiv="Last-Modified" content="Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:10:50 GMT">

here is the metadata from one that reports 24 Aug 2005..
      <meta http-equiv="Last-Modified" content="Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:13:17 GMT">

I dont get it.. neither dates are correct...

BTW.. that tag is just below the <head> tag

Comment

the date in the meta tag is correct. I am actually putting that from the pubdate field in the db...

Comment

Those tags look OK and they were picked up by the Indexer correctly when we tried them in our test.

You might want to make sure that your spider is not looking at a cached copy of the webpage. Click "Configure"->"General" and check "Reload all files (do not use cache)".

If you continue to have this problem, perhaps you can give us a URL to the webpage (if it is accessible online, this would be preferable) or otherwise, e-mail us a copy of the HTML files. Since you said this was pulled from a database, I presume it is a dynamically generated page, so you may need to view the source in a browser, and save this to a file. We can then check if the HTML for that page is valid, or if there is something unexpected happening.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for replying Ray....

I will check this when i get back to work tomororw... but i was sure that i set the cacheing off.

Comment

Ok.. we have bought the software.... I can give you the licence key if you like..

but because the army bought it.. its purchased under another name... I hope that i can still get support for it...

Please let me know if you want the name and key .. and I will email it to you... I just want to make sure that I can get suppoprt !!!!

Please let me know who you want me to proceed...

I still have the last modified date issue....

no caching is being done.. even the doc says that it will use the date of the scan if it does not find one... i dont get it.. HELP please!!!

should i reinstall ? Only changes I have make are the the search.php page... (actually i also renamed it index.php)

Thanks so much for a speedy reply....

Comment

OH WOW>>. ODD i just reran the index to a different directory and copied over everything over minux the search.php (in my case index.php)

and walla! its returning the desired results.. i have NO idea why it was dong that ...

actuallly now that I look at it.. was trying to change some font styles on lines 66-68

---from my old to new---
                mapaccents changed from 1 to 0
                gotohighlight from 0 to 1

on line (once registered) changed from version 4.2 (1000) to version 4.2 (1000) PRO

$numkeywords change from 780 to 7765

$NumPages 22 to 913
                $uselinktarget from 1 to 0
                $numSpellings from 315 to 1060

not sure why that would do that...

Comment

no caching is being done.. even the doc says that it will use the date of the scan if it does not find one
                  The date of the scan is used if there is no meta-tag that contains the date. If the file was cached, then there will be a meta-tag but it will be an old one. Which is why we were asking for you to make sure you having the caching option off, we wanted to make sure you got a new copy of the file from the server and not an older locally cached copy.

...was trying to change some font styles on lines 66-68
                  I am not sure which file you are refering to, nor how the font style might affect the date displayed.

---from my old to new---
                  mapaccents changed from 1 to 0
                  gotohighlight from 0 to 1
                  These lines appear to be from lines 14 and 18 of the settings.php file. You should never edit this settings file. In general you should not even need to look at it. If you edit values directly in this file then you will end up with strange and unpredictable results.

------
                  David

Comment

Also, make sure to always re-upload ALL the "Required files" listed at the end of indexing (or let Zoom upload for you). You most likely had a mix of old and new index files on your server. The files produced from each indexing session must remain together, you can not mix them with some older files from previous sessions.
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray and David....

Yes... This was definatly the case!! So I know now ! all is working good! Thanks so much.. but i was also hoping you would answer my quesitons about the support issue...

Comment

...but i was also hoping you would answer my quesitons about the support issue
                        Which support issue? I thought this was the support issue

--
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe-man
                          Ok.. we have bought the software.... I can give you the licence key if you like..

but because the army bought it.. its purchased under another name... I hope that i can still get support for it...

Please let me know if you want the name and key .. and I will email it to you... I just want to make sure that I can get suppoprt !!!!

Please let me know who you want me to proceed...

um.. this one! lol

Comment

Yes, just mention the name and key in your support emails to us.
                            --Ray
                            Wrensoft Web Software
                            Sydney, Australia
                            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

oh ok! Great thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X