All files end up in "Other Files"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All files end up in "Other Files"

I've defined categories but all files end up in the catch all "other files". For instance, I have one category that has the name "Training" and the pattern "/training/" - yet, everything that is in that folder still ends up in the catch all. See:
    http://www.totaldiving.com/en/search...=1&zoom_sort=0

The first listing is in the folder /training/ and should be in category "Training" not in "Other files"...

What am I doing wrong?!

Did you re-index and re-upload all the required files? There is no "Training" category specified according to the dropdown list, nor the "zoom_cats.zdat" files. Make sure you have re-uploaded all the required files listed at the end of indexing (or use Zoom to upload your files as it should do this for you).

You should also make sure your categories are correctly specified. Note that category patterns (as with URL and path names) are case sensitive, which means a pattern of "/Training/" would not match "/training/". Also make sure you don't have any extra spaces preceding the pattern etc.

If you continue to have problems, e-mail us a copy of your .ZCFG file and we can take a closer look (see our Contact us or Support page for email address).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

"Training" category... My confusion. I called the category "Courses" and define it as being in folder "/training/" - but either way, all these documents still end up in "Other Files". ALL my documents are in "Other Files". NONE end up in a category... I just re-indexed and re-ftp'd all the files... Same results. I am eMailing you my .zcfg file. Many thanks in advance...

Comment

We had a look at your configuration file. We noticed that you are in fact using Offline mode for indexing and that you are indexing a local copy of the website on your computer. This means that the path of files being scanned would be in the form of:

D:\Web\TotalDiving.com\web-content\en\index.html
        D:\Web\TotalDiving.com\web-content\en\training\

... etc.

So in this case, you should make sure that your category patterns have the correct backslash used for local paths (ie: "\training\") as opposed to the forward slash used for URLs (which you currently have specified as, eg. "/training/"). As files are categorized during indexing, this means that the pattern needs to match against the offline filenames/path.

We may need to clarify this better in our documentation. We also might make this an automatic conversion (ie: swap the slashes when indexing in offline mode), and we'll add it to our list of things to do for a future version.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks. I knew you would find it! Your support is A1 !

Note about documentation: I never taught about the slash being a problem because I remembered having read something about automatic conversion in the documentation... I've re-checked it... It's on page 50 of the documentation for version 4.2. Now that I re-read it, it does say that this automatic flip will be done for the skip pages - it doesn't say that it would do it for the categories... My mistake.

But... Yes! It would be great to have this as an automatic feature because I might want to switch to spider mode later and I wouldn't have to go correct these slashes manually.

Thanks again. You have a great product and your support is even better!

Comment

Working...
          X